Monday, July 7, 2008

Best Buds!


Ok, so these two love to be together. The great thing is that Bridger is such a good, kid friendly dog. But our last morning at the cabin turned out scary for a moment. We were trying to load of our vehicle so that we could leave at good time. At first it was just our little family getting ready to go, so I was watching Sadie, and Jake was watching Bailee. Soon everyone walked over from the other cabin to help out and say goodbye. There were so many adults, we all thought the other person was watching little Bai. After a while, Aunt Megan asked who was watching Bai. We all looked at each other in panic. The scary thing is that the cabins are obviously in the forest, and the river is right behind them. So the freak out that I am, I started running and screaming for Bailee. I kept telling myself to not cry yet. I can't tell you the feeling that I had. It was probably one of the worst feelings I have felt being a mother. Not too long later, Jake had found Bailee. Being the good Dad that he is, he had a feeling of where she might have been considering he has taken her out on walks. Her and Bridger had wondered off together. The scary thing, is that they were far away from the cabin, I can't believe how far she had walked. I was so happy to see her and relieved she did not get lost. It just shows how fast your children can wonder off. I will NEVER let something like that happen again!!!

3 comments:

Christian and Melissa said...

Oh my gosh Pam! There is nothing worse than realizing that you lost your child! It has happened to me...not quite as scary as yours, but it was a big reality check! I'm so glad you found her. Don't worry, even though I know you were a mess because I know you, I would have been a mess too!

Daryl and Ashley said...

Oh my Pam... I know the feeling of complete panic. When Kamri ran around the back side of the car on to main street in Brigham... I thought I would die! It took me all day to recover no kidding!

Callisters said...

Oh so scary, isn't it true things can happen in a second. I am glad she is alright! Truly aren't dogs so fun for little girls. My little Olivia just loves her dogs!