
So this Christmas, I thought I would do something out of the ordinary...be really thoughtful:) I decided to do the 12 days of Christmas for Jake. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work! Since Jake and I NEVER leave our kids because I just don't think they could ever survive without me, I decided to surprise him with night away. This was a huge step for me to leave both my kids for a night. I stressed and stressed over it for a long time (how lame I know). So, for the 10th of day Christmas, we went out to eat at Hamilton's, went and saw Four Christmas's (I've never seen Jake laugh so hard), and then stayed at the Anniversary Inn. Jake's first response when he saw the room was "This is very...interesting." You should have seen his face. However, it was a very fun night, and I enjoyed hanging out with him and sleeping ALL night! And yes, the girls survived and did really well with my parents. I don't know why I worried so much:)
7 comments:
i am so glad you did this. i know how excited you were to surprise him. and i know that jake really appreciated it. what a good wifey you are!
That sounds so fun you needed to get away!! I am so glad that you did that!!
So fun! Great idea. I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas:)
Haha, I love it. Our reaction to the Anniversary Inn was the same..."how am I going to take this seriously?" So we are going to Disneyland in February with the Lewis'! We leave the 11th, maybe we'll see you!
Oh that sounds like lots of fun! I'm so proud of you to leave them over night. It's hard but always worth it. You are very thoughtful:)
that sounds like a super fun night. so how often did you think of the girls? and how often did you speak of them? ;) I am totally a mommy-mom and I'd have a hard time leaving too. But I know it's so important to keep up withe the special dates.
You two are such a cute couple!
That is so cool that you did that... it is those kinds of gifts that mean the most and are remembered FOREVER!!! It's hard to leave the kids but it is important to spend that special time together as husband and wife.
Cute aprons that Jake's mom made (and the girls' dresses), she is an amazing sewer.
Take care.
Katie
Post a Comment